Well, the Chicago Salsa Congress website http://www.chicagosalsacongress.com finally got updated! So I’m excited to announce that we are planning on going to congress! – if you are interested in coming with us, let us know. We are planning to subsidize the price of registration (but only a few spots are available)
What is Salsa Congress? Well, its this huge International event that takes about 3 days of of almost 24 hours of learning salsa, seeing really awesome performances, partying until 3am, having fun in the city…..and meeting LOTS AND LOTS of fantastic people! I would have to say it is one of those LIFE CHANGING experiences! You forget you ever have to come back to ‘the real world’!
If you would are interested in going to the 5th International Chicago Salsa Congress and changing your life ;-), just drop us a line.
For one weekend only you’ll have the opportunity to choose workshops from a list of the most sought after Latin dance instructors both nationally and internationally renown. Over 45 workshops offered in one weekend! You’ll enjoy instructors teaching at all levels of Latin dance covering the latest styles and traditional methods. In addition, percussion workshops along with discussion panels on Latin and Afro-Cuban historical perspectives honor the multi-cultural origins of this music and dance. Nightly dancing to the best Latin bands and Chicagoland disc jockeys playing throughout the Congress provide wonderful opportunities to explore new styles and expand your expression of the music.
Highlights of the Congress include:
• 4 nights of dancing to world class mambo and salsa bands
• 3 days of 45 Latin dance workshops at beginner, intermediate and
• advanced levels
• See 7 Spectacular dance productions featuring world renown
• international and U.S. performers
• Rueda Festival and Workshops – new addition
• Music by the hottest Latin music DJs
• Discussion panels on salsa, mambo, cha cha cha, rumba and bomba
• history makers (in English and Spanish)
• Exciting exhibits & merchandise…and much more!